Monday, July 23, 2007

Pom Camp 07

This was by far the best year for John Glenn Varsity Poms in a long time. I think we really came together as a team and we really worked hard. Out of the 14 girls who tried out for All-Stars 12 of them made it, yes one was me. I was the first to be called out of everyone and I was stunned. We also got all 1st in our daily kick line and all 1st in our speed learning routines. We also got a showmanship award which is awarded to one team from the advanced Field and intermediate team and we got the advanced one. This award is for the team who performs in the most professional way and has a very clean performance. They carry themselves well and have the highest showmanship scores all 3 days. Also Mellisa from our team got Sparkle and Shine which was HUGE. This award is for the girl who is always smiling an amazing performer and gets along with everyone. We got second on our originality routine which was a bummer, because it ruined our chances for grand champs but its no biggie. We still might get grand champs. We got second because of a 5 point deduction because we didn't connect for a full 4 eight counts in kick line which is not a originality routine rule but a state/regional rule. So our coach told the MAPP staff and they are working that out. Also, when we were doing our Originality Routine we do a girlie into the splits and my knee cracked but i kept going. I pulled a muscle in it, but I'll be fine. Finally, John Glenn won the lip sync contest and that was huge! OH and I almost forgot about senior kick line which we got 2nd!!! Overall we did amazing and I'm extremely proud to say I'm a John Glenn Pommer and a Mid American All-Star. There will soon be pictures and more stories.

Love Always,
Samela

No comments: